The Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorders Center offers a two year clinical fellowship in conjuction with the Ken and Ruth Davee Department of Neurology, Feinberg School of Medicine. Learn more about our current fellow below, and see where former fellows have gone following their fellowship experience.
Danielle Larson, MD is currently in year two of her movement disorder fellowship at the Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorder Center. Dr. Larson completed her neurology residency at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine. Danielle has received several honors including Visiting Mentorship Award from the Parkinson’s Study Group, American Academy of Neurology (AAN) Quality and Safety Subcommittee Safety and Quality Award, and the Marcella Marcinek Award from Northwestern University. She was selected as the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) NeuroNEXT Fellow. She was also the recipient of the Northwestern Medicine Innovation award in 2019.
Individuals in our programs go on to do great things in our field. Learn more below.
- 2011: Roneil Malkani, MD completed a combined MD and sleep fellowship in 2012; he is currently on faculty at Feinberg and is applying for a K23 grant focused on slow wave sleep in neurodegenerative disorders.
- 2012: Odinachi Oguh, MD is now director of the MD and surgical program at the University of Florida, Jacksonville.
- 2014: Danny Bega, MD, MSCI serves as Assistant Professor at Feinberg School of Medicine. He has taken a leadership role being director of the Wilson’s center (one of 4 nationally) and the Huntinton’s Disease clinic at Northwestern Medicine.
- 2015: Mahesh Padmanaban, MD is on faculty of the University of Chicago in July 2015.
- 2016: Yasaman Kianirad, MD practices in the Department of Neurology at University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System (UI Health). She is the associate clerkship director for the medical students at UIC College of Medicine.
- 2017: Neha Prakash, MD serves as Assistant Professor of Neurology at University of Connecticut School of Medicine (UConn Health).
For more information on the Fellowship in Movement Disorders, contact Erin van Bladel.
Erin van Bladel
Neurology Fellowship Coordinator
Feinberg School of Medicine, Abbott Hall
710 N. Lake Shore Drive, Room 1105
Chicago, Illinois 60611